Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Welcome to Third Grade!

Parents, families, and students,

I hope you have all had a wonderful, rejuvenating summer, and are ready to soak up the last few drops before school begins on the 9th! I am looking forward to an exciting year of learning and growing together. Many of you have older Falcons and have passed through this room before. Some families are new to our school this year (Welcome!) or survived a year with Mr. Currey and are coming to me for the first time. I hope you will feel comfortable in and out of our room this year. I value our partnerships and will strive to maintain an open line of communication. Please don't hesitate to contact me any time you have a question or concern, or just want to check in and say hello! To the right of this post, you will find a handy button you can use to look at current and upcoming volunteer needs, fall conference sign-ups, our classroom wish list, etc. There is a tab along the top which contains an updated list of coming events, due dates, etc, for quick reference. Our school supply list is also posted above.

This will be my 8th year at Cascade Heights, and 6th year in third grade! I love our school- the amazing staff, our close-knit community, and the amazing, hands-on learning I get to do every day with my students. Our curriculum is rigorous and I believe all students can be empowered to succeed if we work together. I am currently in the final year of my Masters program through Western Governor's University, and will be finishing my degree this spring.

I have enjoyed a very busy summer this year. Between trips to Disneyland and camping in the Wallowas, on Hood Canal, and at the beach, my family moved into our new home in Gladstone. I am very appreciative of my new 5 minute commute to school!


I am married and have two sons, ages 13 and 16, and two step-children, ages 11 and 12. Yes, our house is very busy! We also have 3 cats, and adopted a shelter-dog this summer. In my spare time (hahahahaha) I love to read, hike, and paint.

I would like to invite you all to come by the school on Thursday, September 3rd from 1:00-3:00 or Tuesday, September 8th from 3:00-4:00.  You can drop off supplies, or just stop in and say hello!

Back to School Night will be on Thursday, September 9th from 6:30-8:00pm. I look forward to meeting or getting reacquainted with each of you at one or both of those two events!


No comments:

Post a Comment